Hair is one of the most important aspects of beauty for women. It can be styled in many ways, and it’s important to find the right products and routines for your hair type. In honor of Women’s History Month, we’re challenging all women to do something special with their hair-either grow it out or try a new style! Let’s get creative and have some fun with our hair this month!
The Best Hair Styling Tips and Secrets from Professional Salon Stylists
We know you’ve got questions about which haircut is best for you, how often you should wash your locks, what kind of shampoo might work best when to use conditioner…and on top of that, there are all sorts of products on the market that make big promises. So we turned to some of the best professional salon stylists in the country for their top tips and secrets on hairstyling.
How to Grow Out Your Hair
If you’re looking to grow your hair, it’s significant to be patient and take good care of it along the way. Here are a few tips from our experts:
– Try to avoid using heat styling tools as much as possible, and when you do use them, make sure to use a heat protectant spray.
– Use a good quality shampoo and conditioner specific to your hair type.
– Make sure to get regular trims to avoid split ends and keep your hair looking healthy.
>>How to Choose the Right Haircut for Your Face Shape<<
Not sure which haircut is best for you? Check out this guide from our experts on how to choose the right haircut for your face shape:
– If you have a round face, try to choose a haircut with angles and layers to make it appear more oval-shaped.
– If you have a square face, try a haircut with soft curves and rounded edges.
– If you have a long face, try a haircut with shorter sides and longer hair on top.
– If you have an oval face, you can pretty much wear any type of haircut!
How to Wash and Style Curly Hair
If you have curly hair, it’s important to use the right products and techniques to keep your locks looking healthy and frizz-free. Here are a few tips from our experts:
– When washing your hair, make sure to use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner.
– Use a curl-defining cream or gel to help define your curls.
– Scrunch your hair gently to encourage waves and curls.
– Let your hair air dry as much as possible, but if you need to use a blow-dryer, make sure to use a diffuser attachment to avoid frizz.
How to Style Fine Hair
If you have fine hair, it can be a bit of a challenge to find products and styles that make your hair look thicker and fuller. But don’t worry, our experts have some tips for you:
– Use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner.
– Try a styling product that adds texture and body, like a sea salt spray.
– Use a hairdryer with a diffuser attachment to help add volume.
– Braid your hair before bed to help it stay fuller overnight.
How to Style Thick Hair
If you have thick hair, you’re probably used to dealing with lots of volume and frizz. But don’t worry, our experts have some tips for you:
– Use a shampoo and conditioner designed for thick hair to help keep it under control.
– Try a styling product that adds control and shine, like a pomade or serum.
– Use a hairdryer with a diffuser attachment to help diffuse the frizz.
– If you have curly hair, try a curl-defining cream or gel to help tame your locks.
We hope these tips will help you achieve the perfect hairstyle for you! xo, The Women’s History Month Team.
Women have been styling their hair in myriad ways for centuries-long before the advent of shampoo commercials and magazine articles telling them what the “latest, greatest” style is. For most of history, women’s hair has been seen as an important aspect of their beauty, and many creative styles have been developed over the years. Whether you’re looking to grow out your hair, try a new style, or just want some tips on how to wash and style your hair, we’ve got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Get inspired by these hairstyling tips from professionals and start creating your own unique look today!